Library services in the post-corona era
The new situation following the Covid19 epidamic requires the library to make some adjustments to its mode of operation in order to keep in line with the Purple Badge.
Please read carefully and follow the announcements on the webpage for updates.
Entering the Library
The Law Library will re-open on Tuesday 19.5.2020.
Following the "Purple Badge" rules we are preparing the reading halls and study zones for your arrival.
Special stands with sanitary tissues are placed at the library entrance and on each floor. Cleaning your "Study zone" is mandatory at the beginning and at the end of your "Study session".
- A "Declaration of Health" has to be filled before entering the campus
- Nose & Mouth Masks have to be worn throughout your stay in the Library
- Social distancing - Keep 2 meter distance between people
The Library is open Sun.-Thu.: 09:00 - 20:00 ; Fridays closed
- The number of seats in the study zones were reduced in accordance with the "Purple Badge" rules
- The seats are numbered and entrance will only be possible for students/staff members of the Law Faculty who have reserved a seat in advance using the online booking system
- Discussion room booking time will be limited to one reservation per day lasting up to 5 hours. Currently, booking a personal seat is not limited.
- In order not to keep other students from using the room/seat, Please cancel your booking if you are unable to fulfill it,.
- A seat must be reserved even for photocopying.
- Entrence to the Library is only by pre-booking!
Loans and Returnes
- Checking out books will only be possible via an online form
- Library books will only be returned through the drop box at the library entrance. The books will be isolated for a period of 72 hours before placing them back on the library shelves.
When returning books which were requested via the Inter Library Loan (ILL) service please attach a note to the book emphasizing the fact it was an ILL book.
Reference and instruction services
- Reference services will be performed remotely – via E-Mail, Chat, Telephone.
Remote access to Library Resources
The electronic library resources – Databases, Journals, Books are accessible online for the Tel-Aviv University community via the DaTa search system and the Databases Portal.
Accessing the online resources from an off campus computer is possible by defining the Proxy Settings which complies with your computer's browser / operating system or any other smart device.
Scanning and Inter-Library Loan Services
You can request (free of charge) scanning articles, book chapters from the library collection and from other libraries in Israel and abroad.
At the moment, printed books can't be requested from other libraries abroad!